Forum Properti No. 1 - Rumah123

Go Back   Forum Properti No. 1 - Rumah123 > Feedback & Comments > Seputar Rumah123.com

Old 18-01-2010, 06:00 PM

Exclamation Rumah123 vs. Rumah.com

For the moderator, please let your directors read the message below:

Greetings!
For the first time, I see today what I have been predicting since Lebaran last year. The number of listings at Rumah.com has exceeded that of Rumah123.com!

I know this is amazing for the freeloaders but truly a nightmare for Rumah123.com.

Looking at the current trend of Alexa traffic of Rumah.com, I predict that Rumah.com will reach 22.000s - 23.000s before Lebaran 2010. And if the rate of their ascent is maintained at current level, even with some slight fluctuations, the traffic of Rumah.com will surpass that of Rumah123 by January 2011. This is assuming Rumah123's traffic stays at 17.000s by then.

I think Rumah123 must have been spending close to US $1 million since the first date of its inception in mid 2006. Maybe even more, I don't know but that US $1 million figure, I guess, is pretty conservative. Since your stake is very high, just forget about your other competitors, Rumah.com is now your Numero Uno competitor. They run on a very minimal cost, maybe less than Rp.1 juta/month to pay for the shared hosting but their traffic rank will slowly catch up on yours, ...sooner or later.

Why? Because most of Indonesian property agents still like the idea of advertising on printed newspapers such as Kompas, Pos Kota, etc. It is very unfortunate that many of them are computer and internet illiterate and this just exacerbates the problem. They will slowly come to their senses that paying Rp.100.000/month for advertising at Rumah123.com will be too expensive given the fact that Rumah.com is all the way FREE with fantastic traffic. Moreover, their traffic's growth is unstoppable because people always like free stuff and the brokers love to save money because it's always a good feeling to even save Rp.100.000/month and at the same time score some closings from advertising freely at Rumah.com.

I know these facts are very discouraging and I advise you to start thinking about strategic moves that could mitigate the devastating effects of Rumah.com's rising popularity in Indonesia. Your invested capital on the Rumah123 project is way too high and you don't want to gamble on your ROI on these facts.

If I were the guy who has millions of dollar, I would immediately make an acquisition of Rumah.com and the owner will be a happy camper to bank 200jt-300jt. It's a small price tag of cutting losses compared with the price you will have to pay when Rumah.com's traffic is above Rumah123 next year. By then, it may be too late to cut loss that is already building up as you can experience yourself: Rumah123's number of listing is decreasing and Rumah.com's one is unexpectedly steadily increasing.

Many US companies buy out their direct competitors to reduce the competition and level the playing field. Perhaps you have some better strategic moves but you don't want to rule out the takeover as an option. Consider the increased bill of your Adwords and marketing to stay on the top and yet your subscribers are slowly jumping ship with their money.

Just my 2 cents advice and analysis, I hope you don't ignore the numbers. The shifting of trend is just happening now and I advise you to make some bold actions before more damage is done.

Sorry for writing in English, this message is intended for the Rumah123 management team.

PS:
The number of internet users in Indonesia will keep growing and more people will search for everything online. This is happening already in the US where many printed newspapers had to stop printing because more and more advertisers are putting their marketing money online. Kompas and Rumah123 have different audiences/markets and those who look for properties online are growing. Just take a look at the increasing number of traffic going to the property websites every year.

Thanks for reading!
Great Luck to Rumah123 and Mobil123

Last edited by rumahdanproperti; 18-01-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Reply to TopBrokerKebayoranBaru
Old 18-01-2010, 08:35 PM

Default It's useless to buy rumah.com

As a broker, I rely on Kompas ads to get most of my buyers. Buyers of high value properties do not bother to go on the internet and browse through numerous property pictures which tell very little of exact locations. Kompas ads on the other hand tell exactly on which street a property is available for sale. High end buyers can be very specific in their search for properties, desiring for property in a specific street. e.g Jl. Daksa III in Kebayoran Baru which is the best but not Jl. Daksa II which is the worst.

After all, one should not forget that buying a property is about location, location and location. A ruined house in an excellent location is more likely to be overshadowed by a beautiful house in a poor neighborhood on rumah123.com and rumah.com. Most ads on these internet portals are listed in such a big area, like Menteng or Kebayoran Baru, while there is a wide universe of properties in these areas with land prices ranging from Rp5jt/sqm to Rp40jt/sqm.

In fact, rumah123.com/rumah.com is a good source for seasoned brokers to add to their property inventories. Many of them could remember well the exact locations of the properties by just looking at those picture ads.

Hence, it is useless for rumah123.com to buy rumah.com since the true competition is Kompas, which most of the serious buyers still rely on. Check out the Saturday property ads on Kompas; the number of advertisers keeps on growing. It's unseated by any of the internet property portals.

Last edited by TopBrokerKebayoranBaru; 19-01-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopBrokerKebayoranBaru View Post
As a broker, I rely on Kompas ads to get most of my buyers. Buyers of high value properties do not bother to go on the internet and browse through numerous property pictures which tell very little of exact locations. Kompas ads on the other hand tell exactly on which street a property is available for sale. High end buyers can be very specific in their search for properties, desiring for property in a specific street. e.g Jl. Daksa III in Kebayoran Baru which is the best but not Jl. Daksa II which is the worst.

After all, one should not forget that buying a property is about location, location and location. A ruined house in an excellent location is more likely to be overshadowed by a beautiful house in a poor neighborhood on rumah123.com and rumah.com. Most ads on these internet portals are listed in such a big area, like Menteng or Kebayoran Baru, while there is a wide universe of properties in these areas with land prices ranging from Rp5jt/sqm to Rp40jt/sqm.

In fact, rumah123.com/rumah.com is a good source for seasoned brokers to add to their property inventories. Many of them could remember well the exact locations of the properties by just looking at those picture ads.

Hence, it is useless for rumah123.com to buy rumah.com since the true competition is Kompas, which most of the serious buyers still rely on. Check out the Saturday property ads on Kompas; the number of advertisers keeps on growing. It's unseated by any of the internet property portals.
I don't agree with you bos TopBrokerKebayoranBaru

It is very simple, classified ads in Kompas is very limited and very expensive. You need to pay 1 ad for 1 day and detail contained is very limited.

It is NOT TRUE that advertisers write full address detail in Kompas ads.
Why?
1. Very simple, it would cost advertisers more money to write more stuffs.
2. ads placed by property agents more often than not will not contain full street address because most property agents only have open listings and mostly are concerned that another agent will try to steal this listing. You are an agent right? you should know better how it is done in this industry.

It is also NOT TRUE that kompas ads ( specifically line ads ) have grown.
In fact, it has gone down significantly over the last 3 years.
Kompas used to have upto 5 pages of proeprty classified ads on SAturday, and now, the best it can manage is only 2 pages, which is quite rare. On any other day, classified property ads in Kompas are very few.Most property agents have now shifted to online advertisements, be it rumah123.com, rumah.com and others. Only direct owners and die-hard property agents still advertise in Kompas nowadays.

Online ads are the future for property advertisings. AND THE FUTURE IS HERE. If you can't or deny to recognize it, then you should get onboard with the train asap. Because the train is only going one way, which is forward, and forward is ONLINE.

Cheers
Old 17-05-2010, 07:03 PM

Talking Rumahdanproperti.com is another rumah123 follower

Rumahdanproperti.com is another follower which I think will quickly beat rumah123.com. Their feature is good, easy to search and is free.

So just wait and see rumah.com vs rumah123.com vs rumahdanproperti.com

Old 21-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handy01 View Post
Rumahdanproperti.com is another follower which I think will quickly beat rumah123.com. Their feature is good, easy to search and is free.So just wait and see rumah.com vs rumah123.com vs rumahdanproperti.com
Rumahdanproperti.com's traffic is now above Propertykita.com. Sooner or later, Rumahdanproperti.com will beat Rumah123.com. This is an interesting race!